Thursday, May 15, 2014

Homecomings and Houses

My oh my how does time fly! I looked at my last post and realized how much time has passed since I last posted- nearly 5 months! So, grab a cup of joe and let's catch up for a bit shall we? Jeremiah arrived on U.S. soil in January, but due to debriefing and a tight budget, we didn't get to see him until a month later. He was going to be driving from Georgia to Missouri so I flew to Atlanta, which allowed us to have a little alone time on the drive home, before he was attacked by children. I was a nervous, anxious, excited mess. This was his fourth time to come home from a deployment, and let me tell you, those emotions never change. You've just survived months of wondering if you'll ever see each other again, or if your boys will have their daddy around to teach them how to play sports and be a Godly man, or if you do see each other, will he be the same? Will he have his arms, legs, fingers, toes, or the mental capacity to know who you are? I'm telling you, you play every scenario through your head, and it's at this moment, when you're about to step off the plane, you realize all those fears can be pushed aside. You don't know where he is going to be, what he's going to look like, what those first few moments will be like. My heart was about to beat out of my chest. I found a woman on the plane who was willing to tag along to baggage claim with my phone in hand so that moment could be captured. She was so kind and gracious to tell me that I looked beautiful and that my make-up looked perfect- even though I had just been crying. It was just the little boost of confidence I needed to take that long escalator ride to baggage claim. I don't know if you've ever been to the Atlanta airport, but that was the LONGEST escalator ride of my life. Finally, we reached the top, and there he was- even more handsome than I remember him. I got to him as quick as I could and all those nervous feelings were gone in an instant. I was right where I belong, in his arms. Other than the hazardous, icy roads, the drive home was perfect. He would tell me his stories from war, and I told him stories from home. We talked about fears, expectations, and together wondered what transitions we would face this time around. The boys were so excited to see their daddy, even Asher who was barely a year old when he left, knew his daddy was home! For the entire month of February, we worked on the final projects to get one of our houses on the market. Our goal was to sell this house, and hopefully have a little cash to be able to do something with the other house that had all the foundation problems and had been robbed by copper thieves. We got the house finished and on the market. Within a week and a half, we got a full price offer, and closed at the end of April! God is good! Now, we are researching our options for the other house. After a few different opinions, we have come to the conclusion, the house isn't worth saving- at least with our limited resources. We signed our name to the bank note and feel it's our responsibility to pay, but we aren't getting much help from Bank of America seeing that we've never been behind on a payment. Due to it's present condition, our insurance is also being cancelled. Our best option now, looks like selling the house, and getting a loan to cover the difference in the payoff from the sales price-j the hard part is finding someplace to get a large personal loan without paying through the roof interest rates. All that being said, God has provided before, and I know he will in this situation as well. We will keep charging ahead and somewhere along the way, we will find a solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment